ezkcdude;229913 Wrote:
> The galvanic isolation could provide a reduction in noise - which could
> affect things, at least, in theory. These differences could be even
> greater if the cable length is very long (>10 meters, let's say).

Ironically, the only time I got to compare an otherwise identical
terminator-coupled versus non-terminator-coupled BNC termination (see
lengthy post above), if my memory serves me at all right (really quite
sure though), that result was inverted. Not that this would prove
anything. Cable lengths were short, by the way.

ezkcdude;229913 Wrote:
> Do you have any recollections from your testing of what qualities could
> be detected between these formats/transports? For example, was it as
> obvious as more/less noise? Or was it more subtle, like stereo
> imaging/separation/etc?

Do you realise that loss of stereo imaging, separation, "air" whatnot
may be due to noise in the first place?

ezkcdude;229913 Wrote:
>  Oh, before I forget - do yourself a favor - and get a Squeezebox today!

I probably will. Let me ask you this, though: you're with Slim
Devices/Logitech in some indirect or direct relation (i.e. a staff
member), right?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

--
acousticsguru