acousticsguru;229954 Wrote:
> Can't possibly enumerate all the systems in which I was shown
> differences between connections and/or cables in sighted comparisons
> (note that "difference" with me does not automatically imply that it's
> worthwhile, let alone from a quality-price-ratio perspective). But
> *feel free to have a good laugh* at me trying to remember a handful key
> moments that either made me reconsider my scepticism/prejudice, ordering
> them (I hope correctly) historically:

Well certainly I'm not going to laugh at anyone's comments.

betto;229970 Wrote:
> Hi David, you may take a look at this
> www.lessloss.com/about.html
> Cheers, Betto

I hate to repeat myself, but I'm going to. The technology has got
better.

In theory it is possible to remove jitter from an incoming S/PDIF
stream without a shared clock.

More importantly, to the best of my knowledge, some widely available
DACs have finally turned theory into reality and are resistant to input
jitter (assuming a working connection within S/PDIF spec). One example
is the Benchmark DAC.

Couple such welcome developments with modern transports such as the SB3
or Transporter - which have no moving parts and no read-errors - and you
may find the differences in connections have become moot, since the
surrounding hardware is doing its digital job much better.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system (old, cheap, loved)