darrenyeats;230026 Wrote:
> Importantly to this explanation, there is more to the sound of a DAC
> than jitter.

Right - we may not know about all the variables, but agree there may be
unknown ones. This is why I like trusting my ears first and think
second.

darrenyeats;230026 Wrote:
> There might be plenty of audiophile customers who like the sound of (and
> have invested a lot of money into) their DAC. And those DACs might not
> have as good jitter rejection of a generic S/PDIF connection as the
> DACs I was referring to, yet have excellent jitter performance with WC.
> Those guys wouldn't buy a Transporter without WC input.

I know of no reason why nor have experience that would make me assume
the PLL of my DAC should handle different inputs differently. As you
could see in my lengthy "sonic impressions" post, the perceived
differences I mentioned were the same regardless of the DACs in
question.

Which doesn't mean I don't believe what you say may be the case with
some DACs. As mentioned before, I've even seen measurement of ones with
incorrect impedance, for both AES/EBU and S/PDIF inputs.

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

--
acousticsguru