acousticsguru;230225 Wrote:
> I realise ezkcdude is able to defend himself and don't mean to patronize
> you people, but that's probably not why he said that ("Because there
> aren't enough of you guys?"), just that if there were more people like
> me, that audiophile Squeezebox to replace one's CD-transport (without
> DAC and output stage, but a WC input and the relevant digital outputs)
> might already be a reality. Needless to say, this is where I started
> this thread from: reading through forums here and elsewhere, I got the
> impression I'm not alone in wanting this.
>

> *Proven?* Where?
>
> Greetings from Switzerland, David.

Sorry my mistake - I should have said "demonstrated" not "proven" -
clearly these products are not bedevilled by the effects of jitter,
measurable and/or audible. So a wordclock is "not essential" for that
purpose, there are other methods.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)