opaqueice;232198 Wrote:
> I don't get your point.  If changing the power cable makes a difference
> it means something bizarre is going on with whatever it's plugged into.
> At that point an audio objectivist would be worried, not conclude that
> the new cable must have added a coloration and should be removed.

I'm not sure why you are having a problem with my statement.  Yes, the
typical objectivist claim is that cables are cables.  That claim is
usually followed by something like:

"And if the cable really does sound different it must contain some sort
of filter or be acting as some sort of filter that is altering the
signal (not adding anything but removing something).  That's a bad
thing.  I don't want cables to color my sound I want them to transmit
the signal unaffected so I can hear just what those who
engineered/mastered the music heard."

I have met many an objectivist who believes that good, quality, well
built cables should all sound the same and anything that doesn't is not
transmitting the signal unhampered.  So, they will sometimes admit that
all cables don't sound the same, they just don't accept that the ones
that do sound different are anything other than glorified tone
controls/filters that are "less" accuarate and, in fact, subtractive.

--
SatoriGFX