opaqueice;231309 Wrote:
> In that case this has nothing to do with RFI, and the "what difference
> does it make what you do to the last five feet of wire" argument
> becomes rather.... compelling.  Do you have any theory on why it might
> work?
>

> Why on earth would anyone not use it if it made a positive difference?
> Are there really power-cable purists??

I was using the power cord example as an analogy.  I was merely
pointing out that eliminating the RF noise produced by the external
switching supply could have benefits despite not being able to
eliminate the RF noice produced by the internal switching supply.  I
would think that a little RF noise would still be an improvement over
alot of RF noise.  Whether nor not you can hear the difference in your
system is another thing.  Having said that, one arguement for upgraded
power cords is their claimed abilility to limit noise from entering the
power supply.

Do I have a theory on why upgraded power chords work?  No, not
specifically.  I'm a music lover, not an electrical engineer.
Actually, I did, many moons ago, take 1 year of electronic engineering
before becoming bored out of my skull and am (or was, again many moons
ago) an MECP certified car audio and security installer.  But that
hardly qualifies me as an "expert", I'm far from it.  There are far too
many people who are far more educated on these subjects than I could
ever hope to be.

I try things.  If I like what I hear, great, if not then the item is
returned or resold.  I've bought cables I didn't like and some I have.
I tried a PS Audio power conditioner the other day that did nothing for
my system.  I do draw the line at things like audiophile clocks and
other rather ridiculous sounding tweaks.

--
SatoriGFX