Yes you are correct. Most posts I have read state that the poster could
hear no improvement... I still have to try it out for myself. I do not
expect to hear an improvement after using a linear psu. My spdif out is
feeding a RAKK DAC MKII. But I have read a few that say it did make a
difference in their system.

The internal switching mentioned is a secondary regulator which is of
the switching type. Not sure what part it is for..I think the digital
section.

The analog section has an internal linear regulator.

So what you have is a main psu which is of the switching type going
into the sb. Inside the sb this is subdivided again.

Essentially it does not matter how clean the signal is that is going
into the switching psu...it will chop the signal up again anyway. Hence
some posters saying there is no point. And on the other hand the "main"
switched psu is fed to linear regulators anyway (where it counts I
hope). So any change will be subtle.

Switching psu's/regulators are not by definition bad though.

--
Bas Horneman