Best of luck trying to explain quantum mechanics to a layperson, lol.  I
qualify as such, although I have a higher math background and have done
a fair amount of reading on the subject.

I realize that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" (Tower of
Power, anyone), but QM appears to me to be an ugly, awkward mish-mash
of data points, although it is uncannily correct according to
experimental outcomes.

The math for the gravitational force is much more aesthetically
pleasing, and you would have a better shot of explaining general
relativity to a lay-audience without having to lie.

Herein lies the quest for the theory of everything.

--
jeffmeh