JimC;235421 Wrote:

> Are your public lectures going to be in California, by any chance?  I'd
> be of a mind to attend, if that's possible.

They will be in New York City.  But there are public lectures now and
then at Stanford - you might check the physics department website.

darrenyeats;235489 Wrote:
> Like anything there are two sides to this. Yes it's hard to explain it
> to laymen like me. No it isn't impossible - Feynman had a gift for
> describing complex physics accurately (but vaguely) to a layman. Anyone
> who says "I could explain it but you wouldn't understand" is missing the
> point IMHO.

I agree with you - I'm just saying it's hard, not that it's impossible.
Quantum mechanics in particular is tricky.  Probability densities,
Heisenberg uncertainty, Pauli exclusion, entanglement, collapse versus
decoherence...  all to be explained to an audience that doesn't know
any linear algebra, or even what a function is.

--
opaqueice