I must be missing something...the ORIGINAL sampling frequency is a
given...let's say it's 44.1 kHz.
So all you need to do is read those frames out at that frequency. Why
exactly is that so hard? Assuming you never run out of frames to read.
As far as I can understand things, the whole "clocking" problem comes
about if - and only if - there is no buffer. If the design is
synchronous end-to-end I can see how the clocks and clock drift and
jitter can really mess things up.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)