andy_c;260369 Wrote:

> A better article on capacitor nonlinearities is by Cyril Bateman in
> Electronics World.
I could not find the series, but found this summary instead:

http://diyhifi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=388

"and here's what he found. I give a random selection of quotations, but
before doing so I give his most fundamental finding, which is that ....
drum roll .... dielectric absorption is the primary factor producing
*easily measurable* capacitor distortion. Alas, the golden ears have
known this for years without resort to or the need for measurements,
but how nice now to have measured results now saying so, especially
from a once-capacitor design engineer who had to reverse his long held
view ("scientific," no doubt, especially when imposed on others) that
capacitors are not much different one from another and that DA has
little to do with AC-coupling signal integrity etc."

--
alekz