haraldo;264843 Wrote:
>  nothing is the most important link...

But there is always the weakest link ;-)

About Stereophile. The measurements are still interesting to look at,
however they absolutely do not correspond with the "subjective" tests.
If there is no correlation, and it's the sound we are all after, why to
publish the measurements?
For example, have a look at this review:
http://stereophile.com/cdplayers/1106zanden
(Zanden 5000 Mk.IV/Signature D/A converter & 2000 Premium CD transport
- four-box CD player, $43,440)
In short, it looks like:
MF: The box is amazing! I have never heard anything better!
JA: That box can't sound good. The measurements are the worst I've ever
seen.

And their recommended list is a complete profanation.

--
alekz