haraldo;264875 Wrote:
> Interesting that you mention the Zanden test in Stereophile, any $100 CD
> player measures way way better than the Zanden, but the Zanden sounds
> well doesn't it? or is it only within Stereophile boundaries that it
> sounds well?
>
> I don't know hat's wrong or wright, but I definitely wouldn't trust any
> reviewers thoughts about a $40.000 player that measures worse than my
> $50 Toshiba DVD player...
>
> -H

I generaly thing that people are to caugt up in measurments,   zanden
is a higely regarded company  with well designed products .

The irony is that  there seems to be no absolut link between
measurments and what sound best to the human ear.

Why is that ?

I think that its because   the human ear and brain  are  much more
complicated tool then  what some jitter and noise  specs  will show.

--
harmonic