iPhone wrote:
> But in the end isn’t all about compromise. We are compromising the fact
> that we don’t have time to go see a live performance. We then try to
> recreate a three dimensional living event with a compromised copy of
> the event played on equipment that can never recreate the live event.

Right, its about the music.

I have a good system, it can reproduce small scale music events with
very realistic sound. It can make nice sounding symphonic music, but it
never makes me think that I'm sitting in the Kennedy Center listening to
  Richardo Muti. Probably because I know that the orchestra will not fit
in my listening room.

A chamber group, or a bluegrass band, or a jazz trio will fit, and I can
be fooled into thinking they are really here.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/