blessingx;342748 Wrote:
> How many of those purposes are audio related?

All, more or less, since there isn't much else you can do with a
DAC...

There -may- be some very minor differences in sound quality, and I know
there are some minor (but audible at least under some circumstances)
differences in noise.  There are also major differences in
functionality (obviously!), depending on the DAC.

If you think there's more, try a level-matched blind test.  If you
manage to distinguish I'll be impressed (although I know it's
possible), but more importantly you'll probably learn something about
how big the difference actually is.

--
opaqueice