OK - I will post some pics tomorrow and try the 12k/48 wave.

Thanks for your feedback. This is looking increasingly like a "bug" in
the ASRC algorithm, at least to me!

Some other fora have implied this might be the result of jitter folding
back into the analogue domain as harmonic distortion... but I'm not
convinced.

I did try a toslink connection between the sb and TACT - no change
whatsoever to the waveforms - so I don't think this is a jitter related
phenomena.
Cheers
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)