Phil Leigh;352432 Wrote:
> Some more results:
>
> changing the sampling rate of the generated waveforms from 44.1 to 48
> makes no difference to any results!

Well, then there's something wrong in either the test-setup or the
TACT. I come to that conclusion because at 48 we should have up to 24
kHz frequency response which includes the 23f harmonic of the 1 kHz
square wave. This means that the SB should show an additional
harmonic-top. On the foto's from the 44 sample it was still easy to
count the 11 tops. Can you confirm if you now see 12 or still 11? If
11, there's something wrong with the test.

> I can't go to 96 because the SB3 doesn't support it!

What? you have no transporter yet? ;-)
How about a decent sound-card in the PC?
This test is important because anything lower than 96 will be upsampled
by the TACT as I understand it...

> It looks like a component at roughly double the waveform frequence is
> being superimposed on the ringing harmonics - as you said.

Weird indeed. In analog electronics and at these low frequencies, it is
normally feedback via the power supply. This can be helped by adding
capacitors right at the components power-feed that experience this AM
interference (like at OP-AMPS, easy to filter LF AC component when you
only need DC) but this is all in the digital and software domain. I can
only conclude that it is a flaw in the algorithm used (because it's
still the 2nd harmonic when you change the frequency) and as it is in
by-pass mode, it must be either the up-sampling algorithm or it isn't
really in bypass (like the DSP is still in-line and processing but with
a flat-response algorithm) and the DSP itself is flawed.

I think it really is time for eBay and you can use the recovered funds
for nice sound panels, bass-traps etc. Good WAF !

I scanned the net a bit and am I correct in my finding that the (or one
of the) designers went his own way (in Denmark?) and is now selling a
new product?
(http://www.lyngdorf.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=41)

ciao!
Nick.