El Duderino;409630 Wrote:
> ... I did find that the SB3 was somewhat fatiguing to listen to due to
> unrefined/harsh highs.  That seems to have resolved with the
> Transporter.

In my eyes :-) that's not a small feat. I have seen all kinds of
phrases used to illustrate the quality of the transporter, but 'less
fatiguing' might be the most important for me. That's the main reason I
think you hear some differences between system components only after a
relatively long listening period. E.g., several amps become very
fatiguing after some days.

As a classic music lover, 'realness' of instrument sounds are also very
important to me. Here the listening period can be very short. A lot of
components can be discarded after listening to a simple piano tune or a
cello. (In my experience, all Class D amps -- except the very expensive
ones like the Halcro -- turn a Steinway into an bad electronic piano.
Lately I heard the first part of Bach's Goldberg variations played by
Gould on two rather expensive Class D amps: it was terrible.)

Teus

--
Teus de Jong