I'll just throw in my two cents on this subject. I auditioned the
Transporter under their trial offer and ended up keeping my SB3 to use
with a Lavry DA-10 external DAC. I could find no audible difference
between them to justify keeping the Transporter. That was about two
years ago and I've had absolutely no urge to change anything at the
source end of my system since.

The Transporter does have some flexibility that the SB3 does not, and
it combines the receiver and DAC into one box. There is also the
appearance issue; the Transporter simply looks like a more serious
piece of equipment and that is certainly important to many people.

The Transporter is certainly an excellent product, and by high-end
audio standards, is still quite reasonably priced. I don't think you
can go wrong either way.

--
mlsstl