results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=64028
Question: To what is your Transporter connected

- Preamp
- Poweramp

It's not an answer to your question, but I can give you a perspective
that may be relevant.

For about eighteen months, I had my CD player (which has a good quality
volume control) directly connected to ATC active loudspeakers, using an
XLR balanced connection.  This was a nice, minimalist setup and, so I
thought, sounded pretty good.  However, when I purchased a Transporter
and decided to move my LP12 to this system, I obviously needed a
pre-amp, and was lucky enough to get a second-hand ATC SCA2.  This was a
major improvement!

I can only conclude that the SCA2 is better (yes, better, not
different) at driving the ATC power amps.  Perhaps the input and output
impedances are better matched?  (They clearly should be a good match,
being manufactured by the same company ...)  Perhaps the SCA2 is
"easier" for the CD player to drive?  Perhaps the CD player's direct
output (without volume control) is better?

Clearly, there may be cases where no pre-amp is better but, in this
particular instance, the pre-amp was very definitely an improvement.

--
Vereina