results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=64028
Question: To what is your Transporter connected

- Preamp
- Poweramp

Currently I am testing a Sanders ESL poweramp, that’s why I started the
pol. The Sander poweramp is connected to the TP with RCA and the amp to
Martin Logan Vantages ESLs. Compared with my old setup, a pretty old DNM
3B Primus and DNM poweramp the Sanders ESL amp sounds a bit sterile.
(sorry hard do describe - especially in another language). Some modern
music sounds really great with the Sanders combination, classical on the
other hand makes more fun with the old DNM. Yesterday we compared the
two and a colleague mentioned that's because the preamp is missing. The
preamp would reduce or eliminate this "sterile" sounding. He recently
upgraded to Rowen electronics and made the same test (with/without
preamp). Finally he decided, and that also recommended his dealer, to
use a preamp. It’s sounding simply much better with the preamp in the
chain he told me...

Well right now, I have to get a preamp ($ 2000 and up) from somewhere
to test.

Christian

--
Schindler