results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=64028
Question: To what is your Transporter connected

- Preamp
- Poweramp

It's interesting to read others experiences with the transporter! I love
it, but it has me tweaking my ass off!

My experience is that the transporter needs some color. There are many
different ways of doing that. Tubes being the most obvious path. This
goes beyond and around the question of using or not using a preamp in
the signal. If one was to add a good tube pre I could see how that would
really work well. I have the t-amp sound in my system. Very good but
still tweaking caps. The sound is very precise but still a bit thin and
clinical. Much more fleshed out than my mosfet Perreaux (which is
considered as euphonic as most if any SS amps), but still a tad anemic.

I think the challenge with the transporter is with matching the right
analog leaning sound amplification/downstream reproduction to the mix.

It seems it would be simpler to take the preamp out of the variables
and go direct to a power amp. That way if it doesn't work you know what
is wrong. I personally feel that the newer class D amps are a good place
to start - Wyred4sound comes to mind!

--
earwaxer

Waxer