"I bought the SB3 and a Beresford DAC as an interim solution to bolt
onto an ageing system with considerable pedigree. I have not been
disappointed."

I've done much the same with a Duet and a Dacmagic  - it's been enough
to give me a clue about what I want without costing a fortune, and
sounds pretty good for the money. I'm just going to wait and see what
happens; Windows 7 might change things too. And although that new
Logitech touch thingy looks nice, kinda what't the point of a dedicated
device like that when an app on a iPhone or mobile phone might do just
as well? And how nice it would be if it controlled my tv and hifi too!

--
JezA