Phil Leigh;498236 Wrote:
> [...] 3) The probability of two solutions both coming up with the same
> WRONG MD5 is so close to zero it is hard to measure
> Conclusion: stop messing around with Ripstation.
> Enjoy your music.

You know, I'm pleased when I understand things. Oh, I cannot understand
everything, but I really think I can understand many things on this
peculiar subject. It's not pride, nor ego. Just satisfaction to say for
myself "OK, that's clear".

My present thoughts are that we're facing an alorithmic difference. One
can think EAC and dbPowerAmp use a pretty close, and RipStation use a
quite different one. I'll spend a little time tomorrow with some other
rippers, like cdparanoia (whatever frontend abcde) or RubyRipper.

A complementary thought concerns AccurateRip : I read on this forum
later (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=487051&postcount=16)
someone saying "AccurateRip doesn't necessarily improve quality, but it
does improve confidence". And I think it's likely to be the point. I
have no Mac here, but I can play with an old G4 at work, I only have PC,
thus I can only use EAC and dbPowerAmp : I wonder if those who claims
AccurateRip "ensures truth", to say it quickly and with overstatement,
do only rely on software with very similar algorithms. It's not a bad
thing, it's even far from it, but if this is right, it only ensures that
a rip worked the right way. Not that it is "THE" rip. What a pity that
both EAC and dbPowerAmp are closed source, one could verify...

Don't cry ! I'm not irredeemable. If I'm wrong I'll apologize. I like
to spend a little time sneaking here and there. And, my mind made, I
choose my way. I don't like to follow blindly other's ways ;). No
offense, I take care of each and every advice.

Anyway, thanks for being so patient with me. It seems that I will cause
Phil Leigh to have nervous breakdown, sooner or later :)

--
AlAz