Robin Bowes wrote:
> On 29/03/10 23:34, Themis wrote:
>> Sorry, Phil, my English is not good enough to know what "throw tin"
>> means... and search engines were not of much help. I would be grateful
>> if you could provide a synonym, if you don't mind.
>
> To "throw tin" at something means to upgrade the hardware.

Back when I drove near junker cars as an impoverished student, we would
talk about how to best fix up the car.

Sometimes, the best approach was to jack up the radiator cap, and
replace everything under it.

A more serious version of "upgrading the hardware"

While the 'high end' audio folks have a longer time frame, anything
computer related that is four or five years old is economically obsolete.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/