Robin Bowes;528957 Wrote:
> On 29/03/10 23:34, Themis wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, Phil, my English is not good enough to know what "throw tin"
> > means... and search engines were not of much help. I would be
> grateful
> > if you could provide a synonym, if you don't mind.
>
> To "throw tin" at something means to upgrade the hardware.
>
> R.
Thanks Robin.

Phil Leigh Wrote:
> You can go so far then eventually you have to "throw tin" at the
> problem.
Yes, you have to upgrade the hardware, eventually. But, problem is, you
upgrade it for adding another software, rarely for making existing
applications faster (except if you lack software experts to do so, or
you are advised by hardware makers...). ;)

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Croft 25Pre and Series 7 power - Sonus Faber
Grand Piano Domus