cliveb;549133 Wrote:

> Of course, the question remains: is the issue of transport jitter
> actually a problem? I don't believe it is. If transports sound
> different, my money is on things like grounding issues and the effects
> of EMI on the analogue circuitry.

I agree. I'm concentrating my current/future improvements on EMI/RFI
shielding, grounding arrangements, mains filtering etc. I have a
complex setup with a large number of aerials (mains leads!)
transmitting and receiving. It's a bit of a rats nest TBH. Also there
are a fair few cheap SMPS's (router, HDMI switchbox etc) that probably
warrant some attention.

I do have an external earth spike, but I can't claim to have a
star-ground arrangement.

All that testing of the Touch has lead me to a small epiphany. I'm not
seeing any issue with the signals out of the Touch. I'm going to turn
my attention elsewhere.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio