As it was said, our brain is under the constant influence of the
countless factors manipulating our experience of hearing. We simply
can't hear with only our eardrums. If that was possible, I think, we
would be able to hear very "objectively" and measure real changes in
the sound. Unfortunately or not, our hearing sense is much more complex
since signals from eardrum are processed within our brain where they are
mixed with other data. Try to listen to some "audiophile" quality music
while there is strong light directed into your eyes or you're in the
dead freezing temperature... I guess you got my point. No device will
measure what you feel.

Now, what about things you can measure but you can't hear ? Even my
cheap oscilloscope can register some electromagnetic changes of the
interconnects while they move up and down. I can't hear that in my
system.

--
gizek

very good music > Transporter > Adcom GFP-750 > Citation II tube
monoblocks > Proac Response D2; Cardas Neutral Reference all over