No I'm not late to the party at all.. I'm honestly not anywhere near as
anal as some of the people I know in the audio world. I'm usually happy
playing 320k songs. I watch some of these guys striving for "perfect
synergy" in every IC and power cord, and laugh.
The only reason I am even getting more info on wav/FLAC files, is to
PROVE to these guys, that a music server is the way to go. Some of
these guys have 2000-3000 and one guy I know has 5000 CDs....
An entire wall of CDs. It's crazy to me. But I also know its just like
a heroin fiend, the "setup" is half the HIGH. I've been friends with
some of these guys for 5-10 years, and I watch them upgrade, swap 50
cables, get the $1000 power cord for their CD players...   It all looks
like too much WORK. they will never be happy of finished, always chasing
that last 2% or (that next high)

I see myself being pretty lucky. I can sit back and listen to a 128k
song (knowing it sounds like shit) and not really care at all. I listen
to the "music" not the image, or placement of each instrument, just the
overall music.
A cabinet building friend once said to a client that was complaining
about the finish on his newly installed wall unit....  "Stop looking at
the hole, stand back and look at the doughnut"

I'd guess only 10% of my personal listening music is FLAC quality. I
listen to Pandora most of the time now.

Also, thanks for the spell-check...  I fixed it.

--
Toy Maker

(2) Squeezebox3's - (1) Transporter2 - 7TB Acer Home Server - iPad -
iPeng
And more toys than any one person should be aloud to own.