TiredLegs;640519 Wrote:
> Driver manufacturer Seas produces a very nice coaxial driver. I have
> used it in a special purpose DIY project, and the imaging was
> outstanding. Madisound sells a full speaker kit including ported
> cabinet and crossover for these drivers, called the Loki. See
> https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8767.

I don't like it because the output of the midwoofer will modulate the
tweeter's output with stroke.   You have to limit the midwoofer to
around 500Hz & up because otherwise you have a moving horn on a fixed
source which spells certain response problems.

It is a good solution for a 3-way but the only way to make it work well
with a 2-way design is to build the horn as a fixed design element, use
a really large VC and pole, and perhaps overlap the midwoofer some so
that the tweeter doesn't "see" the midwoofer movement.

The Genelec looks like a solid solution though.  They wisely choose to
use it as a 3-way and the coax just effectively lowers the crossover
point that is non-coincident to 500Hz where the wavelength is long
enough to make it a non-issue.

--
Kevin Haskins