TiredLegs;641657 Wrote:
> The Seas coax's tweeter does have a bit of a flared throat on it that
> partially overlaps the midwoofer. Perhaps the movement of the midwoofer
> cone would be an issue at really high excursions, but at normal
> listening volumes, I did not notice any response problems, even when
> running it full range (i.e. without a subwoofer taking on the bass).
> And of course any non-coaxial design has inherent problems of its own.
> However, I'm not a professional speaker designer, so I defer to your
> expertise.

It would manifest itself at high excursion.   The best way to show it
is to drive the woofer with a test signal that puts it under excursion
and then take several tweeter measurements, with and without the
midwoofer under stroke.

How audible it is depends on the test signal and with a given song it
may or may not present an audible issue.

I love active designs but I also understand an audiophile longing to
use a given amplifier.   I have some 300Bs that are wonderful with the
right loudspeaker and I know that they alter the signal but at the end
of the day, I love how they sound.

--
Kevin Haskins