bobertuk;670270 Wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> F.Y.I.
>
> You probably won't recall my earlier post in this thread about
> buffering issues with 24bit/96kHz flac files when using TT3.0 - I tried
> lots of increments to the buffer setting from 3400 -> 10000 with no
> difference on any of the settings. Playback was continually interrupted
> by the Touch needing to re-buffer.
>
> I eventually tracked the problem down - it was a network issue. I had
> been using a BT HomeHub 3 (UK only DSL/ADSL+ wireless router). For
> various reasons, I thought there were other issues with the HomeHub and
> decided to change it for a Netgear WNDR4500. Problems with 24bit/96kHz
> cleared immediately.
>
> So... if anyone in the UK using a BT HomeHub 3 is having issues with
> TT3.0, that could well be the problem.
>
> Hope this is helpful info.
>
> Bob

Given that the TT buffer is a low-level audio buffer, not a network
buffer, it shouldn't have any interaction with your router. Put another
way, your router should have caused 24/96 playback problems with or
without TTx (assuming no other changes at the same time, like streaming
WAV or going ethernet instead of wi-fi).

Good you fixed your problem of course! (I dislike all BT homehubs -
they are cheap cr@p like all ISP-supplied devices IME - no such thing
as a good free lunch...)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.