Deaf Cat;684864 Wrote:
> Thought you were going to say you tried the power cable on your
> squeezebox server pc...
>
> Go on give it a bash, if it makes the screen look better at work it
> should hopefully make the pc innards at home work nicer too.
>
> Another tweek I had not thought of to add to my waiting list of things
> to try out :-)

It is true that it seems much easier to confirm the effect of the
Shunyata Venom 3 power cable on your computer/TV, than it is to confirm
the effect on your audio. Somehow it gets very easy to compare, side by
side, large areas of solid color on the screen. In the case of the
stock power cable (i.e. the one that cannot shield and filter out the
EMI and RFI noise), you can plainly see how the color is slightly
uneven, with darker and lighter areas distributed in a somewhat random
pattern. That exact same area of solid color turns really solid when
you plug in the Venom 3 cable. Such 'blind test' experiment would be
very easy to conduct, as the differences are quite noticeable
(assuming, of course, that the test subject is not blind, color blind,
or poor sighted).

However, my primary concern is improving the sound quality of my
stereo, so for now I'm exploring only that side of the equation.

--
magiccarpetride