SBGK;685552 Wrote:
> in my orgy of covering things in tin foil I had wrapped about 5 inches
> round the ethernet cable coming out of the laptop.
>
> I was listening to the 24/96 Nirvana Nevermind and noticed that the
> sound had gone soft compared to the led zep I was listening to earlier.
> I checked my laptop and somewhere along the line I had removed the tin
> foil from the ethernet. Put it back on and the softness was gone, looks
> like that little bit of tin foil is shielding the cable from the laptop
> wireless, I guess. Just to check I stripped all the tinfoil from the
> squeezebox as well and there was much more softness to the sound, so
> added that back on and checked again, the little bit on the ethernet is
> definately making a difference. Back to full on grunge.
>
> I know you rationalists are going to poo poo this, but from my
> viewpoint it seems to work and this info might be useful to some
> kindred spirit.

Nirvana indeed.  ;-)

http://www.the-peoples-forum.com/images/tinfoil_hat_shazam.png

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag