SBGK;685486 Wrote:
> I have removed the toslink and screen and have it angled away from the
> circuit board, I then put in a plastic box, I then wrapped the box in
> tin foil, well someone had to. The reasoning was that we already know
> the Touch is sensitive to radiation and emf of various sorts that's why
> removing the screen , removing the toslink and switching off the
> wireless has an effect, but the modern house is still full of wireless
> radiation from the router, the laptop, the cordless phone and about 5
> other peoples routers. So thought I would try the tin foil treatment on
> the cordless phone, surprisingly enough the phone could not connect. So
> carried that forward to the Touch. The result is that the already good
> sound was sort of cleansed and firmed up.
>
> So all the software tweaks and server tweaks may only get you so far,
> at the end of the day, to maximise performance, you may have to block
> out the wireless emf radiation.
>
> I am keeping my tin foil faraday cage on the Touch, should also help
> with CME's, although everything else will be fried.

While the prospect of vastly improved sound from the lowly Touch that
can be achieved by encasing the Touch in tin foil (which is really
aluminum foil) is very, very tempting, I fear that doing so will mean
that I will no longer be able to use my Touch to keep in touch with my
dear friends on the planet Regulous. Pity, they are such nice aliens
and really know a lot about audio.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch