Thank you MCR & RG for your very sensible responses. As much as I may
regret saying it you are both right (I don't mean that I have anything
against either you being right, rather that I just don't like the fact
that the content of your statements is correct).

Now let's have some fun and games:

While several of the high end audio magazines have given Squeezebox
products very positive reviews I have begun to notice a pattern
emerging with respect to how the SB devices are used by the equipment
reviewers. I've read several reviews of related equipment where the
reviewer states something along the lines (I'm paraphrasing here) "I
love my SB Touch and use it to stream background from my favorite
internet radio station". What you never read is something along the
lines of "I love my SB Touch, which I have connected to my XYZ DAC, so
much that I sold my ABC CD player and the Touch is now my main
source."

What I predict is going to happen at some point with all these music
streamers from traditional high end audio manufacturers hitting the
market is that more than one reviewer will state "I love the (insert
high end manufacturer name here) music streamer, which I have connected
to my XYZ DAC, so much that I sold my CD player and the (insert high end
manufacturer name here) music streamer is now my main source."

Anyone care to make a little friendly wager?

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2 (oops) -> Touch