vett93;685953 Wrote:
> I had a few Shunyata Venum power cords in my main system a few years
> back. Since then, I have retired them to my HDTV and 2nd audio system.
> My 65" HDTV looks better now than when I bought it years ago. Using it
> on HDTV would be a quick and easy test to see the effect.

You bring up a good point. There is a famous saying: "Seeing is
believing and hearing is a bitch."

There is a very simple experiment that anyone can try: get two
identical PC boxes (nothing fancy, anything will do, but it would be
more convincing if both boxes are from the same manufacturer and
configured identically). Plug them into two identical monitors, and
place monitors side-by-side. Display a solid area of primary color on
both monitors; a good choice would be a hue of dark blue.

Familiarize yourself with the area of solid blue color on both
monitors. Observe how the distribution of the solid color is not really
that solid -- there are areas of slightly darker or slightly lighter
hues.

Now for the experiment: unplug one PC and replace its stock power cable
with Shunyata. Reboot the PC and re-display the same area of dark blue
that you have on the other monitor. Now watch again: notice how the
color rendered by the PC with Shunyata cable looks completely solid,
without any areas of lighter/darker patches? (the color on the PC with
Shunyata will also be more brilliant, but we won't go into that because
it could be brushed off and discredited as a 'subjective' impression)

This experiment is easy because it is not time-dependent, and we can
take our time to slowly compare, with our eyes, any differences between
the two configurations arranged side-by-side.

I would be quite surprised if I saw anyone come back after this
experiment and claim how he couldn't see any differences (assuming, of
course, that the person is not nearly blind).

Of course, it is quite conceivable that even those naysayers who are
forced to admit that there are visible differences between the two
power cables may continue insisting that this difference still cannot
be experienced in the audio realm (hence 'hearing is a bitch';)

--
magiccarpetride