andynormancx;691746 Wrote:
> If the less better transport it was being compared to was also bit
> perfect and the DAC being used was just as capable at handing the
> jitter and noise input from either transport ?

Yes Today DAC's are that good and not many many transports are that bad
anymore .
it's a threshold once it's bitferfect and the DAC's dejittering can get
a grip on the signal your OK  .

So all transport better than that threshold ( wich theoretically migth
might vary depending on DAC )  will be identical, threshold is pretty
low these days, so low that transport is a non issue, if it where not
for squeezeboxes an oppo dvd would be my choice as "high end"
transport.

Thats probably why people cant tell transports apart during controlled
testing, differences are so very small.

Yes my squeezebox sound identical to my uber expensive meridian DVDA
transport on 2ch material when feeding my meridian processor.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )