krzys;691756 Wrote:
> Evdplancke, what speakers are you using? Try different mike
> orientations. Check the impulse response, are both channels similar?
> Ask Brent from Audiolense, send him your measurements. With Audiolense
> it is rather easy to get good filters compared to the DRC itself. It
> takes me 5 minutes ;-)
> Chris

I am using quite old vintage AT1 speakers from PE Leon. These are two
ways bass reflex floorstand speakers and I am quite happy with them.
However, one of the tweaters has been damaged by a chair and is a
little bit disformed. Probably due to this, I noticed with Audiolense a
drop in frequency response above 13 khz on one channel that is not
corrected by the RC filter. Strange is that this drop does not seem to
have an impact on soundstage integrity without RC.

Without RC, I have the most realistic image when my head is let say at
30 cm from the back wall. Unfortunately, I did last measurements
further from the wall and this might be why the result is not that good
with RC.

Another strange result is that I get a delay of 1.6 ms between
channels. Given this corresponds to a distance of 0.5m at the speed of
sound, I suspect difference in mic distance from each speaker is not
the main cause of the delay.  Can phase shift between channels due to
wrong mic orientation be the cause? Again, if I have a good soundstage
without RC, wouldn't it be better not to compensate for the delay? I
will give it a try.

--
evdplancke