ralphpnj wrote:
> One could use a little something called a double blind test to prove
> that the differences do not exist. And let's be very clear here, there
> are not two bundles of facts but only one set of facts (bits are bits)
> and one set of highly subjective assertions (hearing differences).

Double blind listening tests are tricky at best because they tend to
deliver a lot, and I mean a lot of false positives. There are well
documented cases where sufficiently large population of double blind
testers were reporting significant differences in the sound quality
while in reality the experimenters were merely playing an identical
configuration over and over and over. Funny how human psyche functions.
Highly unreliable.