^ lol, I forget why I even said that now. I guess it's obvious you'd
need a proper/good logic analyzer to monitor an actual design. I was
probably thinking along the lines of the differences between running
slightly different code is sufficiently "significant" that it can be
detected at some distance without any physical contact with the
computer. Never mind close up. IOW, there ARE physical differences
manifested when you run different code. This isn't an opinion (for those
who don't work in the biz).

Without knowing the architecture of the SBT processor etc. I couldn't
even begin to guess. (I have a lot of ARM development boards here, maybe
one is similar enough to give me an idea...) But I'm telling you, unless
you intimately know how code/data is fetched and executed (caches?? and
their operation), you can't begin to guess what effects an apparently
minor code change might have. Chips are designed with limitations. You
exceed a limitation by (e.g.) one byte and the code may have a
completely different execution signature. Rather cool to watch on the
logic analyzer.