Having used TT3.0 for a long time, I do have experience w/ WinSCP and
putty but I never got into the priorities thing as I had been using the
analog outs on my modded SBT.  I am only starting to use the digital
outs including USB recently w/ the advent of the EDO.
Taking the advice given, I began by remarking out entire lines in the tt
file on the path user /bin .  After rebooting, the display was on but
unreponsive to input from i r. but the clicking was gone and the sound
quality was spectacular. The tt3.0 wasn't working properly until I
removed some more of the recently placed # marks.  Eventually the status
command on TT3.0 was indicating that all but the modification for
priority were active.
The sound quality was now extremely satisfying.  I probably don't have
an optimum setup from a software perspective but the two apps, EDO and
TT3.0 are working together nicely and now I need to save a copy of the
tt file to ensure the ability to reproduce these results in the event of
problems plus I still have my other SBT, to be upgraded to a similar
point.  Thanks all
I now believe thaat the addition of EDO and using an async usb dac are
very cost effective additions after getting TT3.0 back up and running.
I also put vollock back on and the daemon killer as well.
Larry