Triode wrote:
> Not having interrupts would have a dramatic impact on sound quality - no
> sound!  The ehci hardware will generate interrupts one per ms.  I'm not
> sure if these get double counted or if there is actually two per ms, but
> the linux kernel doesn't change the default interrupt threshold which is
> to rate limit interrupts to one per ms.
>
> I'm completely missing the assertion that interrupts will impact sound
> quality though - this is cpu activity necessary to make the device work.

reducing the no of interrupts is a well known way of reducing noise.
don't know why are you talking about having no interrupts, how would the
usb device work without interrupts ?

I would say that EDO without any mods is too bright and strident
sounding. Others obviously don't have a problem with this sound.