Personally I believe all high rez DELIVERY formats and vinyl are a
crock.

However, if the best masters are going onto SACD then on a practical
level one has to accept this fact. (I don't own an SACD player but this
would be the reason for me to buy one. Maybe I will buy a PS3 for
ripping instead...I like my computer-based audio!)

Also, mastering engineers are prevented from doing certain kinds of
stupid things, like brick-wall compression, by the nature of the vinyl
format itself. Again, if there is a better master for vinyl one has to
accept this fact. (Personally I don't own a turntable but this would be
the reason for me to buy one.)
Darren