jh901 wrote:
> You might want to look into some real speakers though.  Clearly, you are
> missing out.

i won´t discuss it much deeper because my experience with die-hart
golden eared audiophiles disappointed me often enough if you needed hard
evidence from them. I only want to tell you i build own speakers since
30 years and i still did not find a tweeter that matches the
magnetostatic tweeter i use from the Quadral Titan  in my current setup.
It is based on the Technics TH foil. Gourmets may know it. The other
parts i found over time and the chassis did change until i found nothing
much to improve. I voiced and did build them directly in my living room.

Of course i have no tube in my soundpath and i doubt i can argue with
someone that did spent thousands of dollars for... so what do i know or
hear...

Still if some recording like this Close To The Edge is the climax
soundwise in any way i must wonder why we need high resolution systems,
no matter what medium used or knobs were pushed while remastering it.