I was criticised on this very forum for writing about differences I
heard in power supplies for my SB3. It's actually quite frustrating when
people give technical arguments for why your own experience is "wrong",
so I have sympathy for jh901.

Subsequently, I had several experiences with sighted versus blind
listening which have made me quite skeptical of my own sighted
impressions for changes that are measurably small (basically, any
differences in competently designed modern line-level equipment).

The point being, there might be audible differences, but I don't trust
myself to determine this by my listening sighted.

To jh901 and others, I have no doubt this will come across as quite sad
in a way, but it is how I view things now.
Darren