jh901 wrote:
> The improvement will be described by any skilled listener as anything
> but slight.  You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, but there is no
> more discovery ahead for you.  Sadly.
This is getting out of hand. Let me try and draw an analogy.

The way that different people subjectively react to sound
characteristics is like the way that men react to women. In an objective
sense there is little to choose between, say, Scarlett Johansson and
Natalie Portman. They are both beautiful ladies - neither is prettier
than the other in any kind of scientific way. But I bet every
red-blooded male will have a preference for one over the other, and will
probably express such a preference in an unjustifiably overstated
manner.

Thus it is with audio. Once you get to the high-end, differences are not
formally meaningful; they can only appeal to a particular listener's
personal taste.