ralphpnj wrote:
> Can someone, anyone please explain what it is about digital audio data
> that gives it this totally unique property.

This is well-known . The clock is also derived from the SPDIF interface.
Ethernet cables and USB cables in async mode will not cause any
problems, unless the overall throughput is being affected which is
causing some timing/CPU issues on the playing computer/device.
I am still listening to you guys. My 'observation' could all be in my
head. But note that, even though people here have suggested the best way
to use the Touch is over a wired connection, I never bothered because if
it is playing without hiccups it should be good enough.
Let me ask, if you go to somebody else's place, can you tell that system
is better or worse than yours ? If something is better than yours, what
was different in it ?