soundcheck wrote:
> Comment:
>
> What you measure is your measurement DAC (e.g. WM8805 ) receivers
> capability to cope with the incoming signal.
>
> The better the audio DACs digital interface, with all its error
> corrections implemented,  the better the source issues will be
> suppressed.
>
> It doesn't say much about the actual and absolute interface quality.
>
> A WM8805 SPDIF receiver is specified with a constant 50ps output jitter.
> No matter, if you use Toslink or SPDIF.
>
> Toslink can exhibit several 100ns of jitter, magnitudes higher then
> Coax.  I don't think that's shown with your measurements. That requires
> real world measurement equipment,
>
> However. Manufacturers like  Wolfson promise 50ps fed to your DAC. Your
> measurements say that these 50ps are not always achieved with your DAC.
>
> To me this (your)  exercise is useless and misleading.
>
> Cheers

Where are you saying is the WM8805 SPDIF receiver in this post? That was
the SPDIF receiver in the old AUNE X1, not the ASUS Essence One... I
assume therefore you are the one mistaken.

"Toslink can exhibit several 100ns of jitter" - do you mean "ps"? I'm
pretty sure I show 100+ps difference with the Transporter's TosLink vs.
coaxial if one were to calculate the peaks.

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.