soundcheck wrote:
> Simplifying things won't help here.

But silly empty (and patently illogical) phrases like "kumquats are not
kumquats" don't help either.

> People who're not accepting analog problems originated from digital
> domain issues are nothing less then clueless.

Jitter and noise are not digital domain issues in my book. They only
become issues at the point the data is converted to analog - that is in
the analog domain.

> The entire "serious" audio industry knows that common measurements are
> not telling everything. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen any progress in
> the last 20 years.

Actually, most of the progress in the last 20 years comes from being
able to measure - and correlate the measurements with audible results -
better.

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953